YOUNG VOICES WANTED
ENTER THE 2020 CENSUS VIDEO COMPETITION, WIN PRIZE MONEY, AND INSPIRE YOUR COMMUNITY TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.
Your Video Could Win Up To $500
You could win up to $500 by creating a video about the importance of the 2020 Census to our community. This is a great way to share your voice and help your community by making sure we all get counted.
Make it fun, make it serious, make it anything you want—whatever you think will help motivate others in your community to stand up and be counted.
The competition is open to all students ages 13-20 living in the 24:1 Community or attending one of the schools in Normandy Schools Collaborative.
- First Place, $500
- Two Second Place videos will each be awarded $250
- Next top three videos will each be awarded $150
- Next top four videos will each be awarded $75
Why your community needs you
Historically, communities like ours have been undercounted in the census and therefore underfunded and underrepresented.
We’re at risk of losing $1,300 worth of benefits per person because not enough people have completed the census. These are important benefits like SNAP, Head Start, after-school programs, school lunches, Section 8 housing vouchers, CHIP, Medicare/Medicaid, and more.Learn More Here
Rules / Requirements
- Video must educate on the importance of the Census and how it benefits the community
- All videos must be posted on to YouTube and a link to your video must be submitted on the form below in order to enter. Entries accepted until June 30
- Limit one entry per person
- Videos will be judged based on the number of views they have accumulated on YouTube between July 1, 2020 at 9 a.m. and July 15 at 5 p.m. Any views accumulated before official counting begins will be subtracted from the total views shown on YouTube
- Video must be at least 1 minute long
- You may NOT use government logos or official seals and must not claim endorsement by the Census Bureau or Department of Commerce
- Video may be disqualified if it provides inaccurate or incomplete information, or if any components of the video are deemed offensive, unsafe, or inappropriate
- Videos will be disqualified if not the original work of the creator(s) or they infringe upon any copyrighted material that is not the original work of the creator(s)
Enter your video
Just fill out the information below to submit your video.