IF YOU DO NOT FILE A TAX RETURN
The Treasury Department just released instructions for people who didn’t file a tax return for 2018 or 2019.
If you are an eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
- Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
- Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to
You can provide the necessary information to the IRS easily and quickly for no fee through Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info. This information will be used to determine your eligibility and payment amount and to send you an Economic Impact Payment. After providing this information you won’t need to take any additional action.
Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
What if I still need to file my taxes? Can I file my taxes for FREE?
Free Tax Preparation:
- Tax deadline has been extended until July 15th.
- The United Way Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) partners have temporarily ceased tax site operations but are hoping to reopen some sites this Spring or Summer depending on the stay orders.
- Free On-line Tax Filing is available through IRS Free File. All IRS Free File partners provide a free Federal Tax return for households below $69,0000. There is a tool to find out which products will give you a free Federal and State return.
- IRS Free File – https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free