For More Info
For technology help
- Call 314-493-0400 and ask for the IT helpdesk.
- Or visit North Hall in person on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10AM-6PM
For academic or student support
- Call Assistant Superintendent Tina Clark Scott at 314-493-0419
For any other support
- Contact the Family Engagement Liaisons at Beyond Housing by calling 314-533-0600.
Download a printable handout with tips for setting up a home learning space, accessing Normandy’s portal, using Zoom, and more.Tip Sheet
With the internet, Normandy students can travel far beyond the four walls of their homes—even when they can’t go to school in person. Here are some great links for learning enhancement at home.
- National Geographic for Kids
- Discover magazine for kids
- Teacher’s Activity Guide to immigration to America
- PBS Kids-Channel 9: Videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for students in pre-K to high school.
- St Louis County Library: Free tutoring for library card holders
- Khan Academy: Free educational programs for children, with age-appropriate content for kids ages 2 to 7
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Content for, with, and by kids
Virtual field trips
- National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington DC
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC
- Museum of Science in Boston
- British Museum in London
- Louvre Museum in Paris
- National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC
- Virtual 360-degree tours of various museums
Landmarks, animals, and history
- Buckinhgham Palace in England
- Atlanta Zoo’s panda cam
- Bronx Zoo in New York City
- Houston Zoo
- Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
- Reid Park Zoo in Tucson
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Access Mars footage from NASA’s Curiosity Rover
- NASA missions with videos from the International Space Station
These tips came out of the “Parent Toolbox for Student Success” workshop put on by teachers and staff from the Normandy Schools Collaborative and Beyond Housing on Sept. 23. Their goal is to help students—and their families—thrive during the 2020-21 school year. Use the contact information on this page to get in touch with them at any time with questions or concerns.
You may find these additional topics helpful: