PHASE 2 – DISTRIBUTION OF CHROMEBOOKS
To support virtual/remote learning for our students, families who do not have devices at home will be able to
check out district Chromebooks (one per family). There is a $25 deposit required for Chromebooks (covers
insurance for the device in the event of loss or damage to device).
- Deposits must be made online. Sign up at the Normandy Technology page:
- For the device pickups, parents will remain in the car and the devices will be brought to the car.
- Devices must be picked up by enrolling parent/guardian with proper identification.
Once the deposit is made online, Chromebooks can be picked up at Lucas Crossing School Complex,
7837 Natural Bridge Road, on the following dates/times:
- Wednesday, April 1, 11 am -1 pm
- Thursday, April 2, 12 noon – 2 pm
- Friday, April 3, 11 am – 1 pm
Current curriculum and lesson plans have a virtual component that will allow students to access materials
- Teachers will use district-issued email and Google for Classroom accounts to communicate with
- Teachers will reach out to parents (either via email or phone) to assist families with assignments and if
using the online option, to help with login.
- Teachers will also be available during regular school hours to answer questions or provide assistance if
For those families who prefer paper copies of the assignments as an option, print out
assignment packets by grade level can be sent to you via mail or email. Please email
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your student, the school they attend
and their grade