For More Info
Sadly, scammer are taking advantage of renters’ uncertainty and fear. Here’s what to know to avoid getting caught up in a rental assistance scam.Read more
Whether you are facing an eviction lawsuit now or you’re worried about being evicted in the future, here are three steps to take right now:
- Talk with your landlord about a repayment plan.
- Get in touch with a lawyer to find out if you qualify for free legal help.
- Find an HUD-certified housing counselor to help you make a plan based on your current situation.
You’ll find more details about these three steps on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website.
St. Louis County (ERAP) Portal
Housing and utility assistance for low- and moderate-income households that have lost income, qualified for unemployment benefits, or experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic.
- Learn more about this program for St. Louis County residents only.
- Call (314) 806-0910.
- Apply online at https://stlouisco.onlinepha.com.
Housing assistance for residents of the Normandy school district who can provide proof they have been impacted by COVID, available through Dec. 31, 2022.
Society of St. Vincent DePaul
Housing and Utility Assistance
- Call the United Way: Dial 2-1-1 on your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and give them your address and zip code.
- Go to their website and enter your address and zip code.
Salvation Army – Midland Division
Housing and utility assistance as well as furniture and appliance
- Call (314) 646-3000 for the main office.
- Or call (314) 528-5200 for the North County office.
Urban League of St. Louis
Assistance with housing, utilities (LIHEAP program), educational needs, clothing, and food/nutrition (including food pantry services)
- Call (314) 615-3600 x117 – For St. Louis County residents only.
- Call (314) 388-9840 – For the Jennings office.
- Email UtilityAssistance@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email FoodAssistance@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email HousingCounseling@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email Employment@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email Weatherization@urbanleague-stl.org
Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc.
Programs to help with housing, emergency rent assistance, and other counseling. Loans for rental assistance or other costs, such as utility bills (LIHEAP program), may also be available.
- Call (314) 863-0015 – Currently only accepting applications for the elderly and disabled.
Mid East Area Agency on Aging
Utility assistance, home delivery of meals, and options counseling
- (636) 207-1323 – Only accepting applications for St. Louis County residents who are age 60+.