Society of St. Vincent DePaul
Housing and Utility Assistance
- Call the United Way: Dial 2-1-1 on your phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and give them your address and zip code.
- Go to their website and enter your address and zip code.
Salvation Army – Midland Division
Housing and utility assistance as well as furniture and appliance
- Call (314) 646-3000 for the main office.
- Or call (314) 528-5200 for the North County office.
Urban League of St. Louis
Assistance with housing, utilities (LIHEAP program), educational needs, clothing, and food/nutrition (including food pantry services)
- Call (314) 615-3600 x117 – For St. Louis County residents only.
- Call (314) 388-9840 – For the Jennings office.
- Email UtilityAssistance@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email FoodAssistance@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email HousingCounseling@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email Employment@urbanleague-stl.org
- Email Weatherization@urbanleague-stl.org
Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc.
Programs to help with housing, emergency rent assistance, and other counseling. Loans for rental assistance or other costs, such as utility bills (LIHEAP program), may also be available.
- Call (314) 863-0015 – Currently only accepting applications for the elderly and disabled.
Mid East Area Agency on Aging
Utility assistance, home delivery of meals, and options counseling
- (636) 207-1323 – Only accepting applications for St. Louis County residents who are age 60+.
Missouri Emergency Rental Arrears Program
Rent assistance for landlords
- Landlords can visit the ERAP website to learn more about who qualifies and to apply. Applications must be submitted by landlords, who will work with tenants to provide required information.
The Missouri Emergency Rental Arrears Program (ERAP) offers a one-time payment directly to landlords for up to six months of past-due rent dating back to April 1, 2020. In exchange, landlord must agree not to file for eviction for non-payment for 120 days from the date the application is submitted. They must also waive all fees and outstanding rent up to that date.
There are household income guidelines and other rules for this program. Preference will be given to small landlords with 10 or fewer units. Applications will be accepted starting in January 2021.
Missouri General Assistance Websites
- Find Rent Assistance Programs in Missouri
- Missouri Eviction Prevention and Homeless Assistance
- Help With Your Utility Bills: Missouri
- Missouri Energy and Heating Assistance Programs
- StartHere.org – Utility Assistance – St. Louis Area Directory