For More Info
For technology help
- Call 314-493-0400 and ask for the IT helpdesk.
- Or visit North Hall in person on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10AM-6PM
For academic or student support
- Call Assistant Superintendent Tina Clark Scott at 314-493-0419
For any other support
- Contact the Family Engagement Liaisons at Beyond Housing by calling 314-533-0600.
Download a printable handout with tips for setting up a home learning space, accessing Normandy’s portal, using Zoom, and more.Tip Sheet
Students and families are using more technology than ever before this year—and it can be overwhelming. Here’s a straightforward how-to for using the Normandy Schools Collaborative parent portal, along with information and tips for Zoom (the video conferencing app that NSC uses for all of its virtual classes).
Logging into Google Classroom and accessing Zoom on school-issued Chromebooks:
- Access the portal from the SIS website at http://normandysc.org >> Quick Links >> Online Registration/Parent Portal/SIS K-12 Student Information System.
- Log in under the Parent tab using your email address (you will set up a password the first time you log in).
- To get to Google Classroom, click on the square made up of nine smaller squares in the upper right corner of the screen. It will show up in the drop-down window. Click on the icon to launch it.
- Adults should have received a link to all of their student’s classrooms at the start of the year. If you didn’t receive this, call 314-493-0400 and ask for the technology department.
- Adults can check their student’s assignments from Google Classroom and also email the teachers directly.
For a more in-depth lesson on accessing technology, watch this how-to video Mr. Foster recorded in addition to the workshop.
Zoom links for each class should be listed inside Google Classroom. They are usually at the very bottom of the page. The link will say “Launch Meeting – Zoom.”
If a child loses connection to the class, they need to go back to the Google Classroom and try again. They may not be able to get back in, but this lets the teacher know about the problem.
Every student has a school-issued Chromebook. If your child did not receive one, please call 314-493-0400 and ask for the technology department.
These tips came out of the “Parent Toolbox for Student Success” workshop put on by teachers and staff from the Normandy Schools Collaborative and Beyond Housing on Sept. 23. Their goal is to help students—and their families—thrive during the 2020-21 school year. Use the contact information on this page to get in touch with them at any time with questions or concerns.
You may find these additional topics helpful: