Your internet bill should be the least of your worries during the pandemic.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month to low-income families to help pay for their internet connection.
Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet.
You qualify if a member of your household meets even one of these criteria:
- Are a low-income family according to Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Participate in SNAP, Medicaid, Lifeline, or other assistance programs.
- Receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or layoff since February 29, 2020 and your household had a total income in 2020 of: $99,000 for single filers or $198,000 filing jointly.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.