The St. Louis Tax Assistance Program offers free income tax preparation and tax information for families with income under $56,000. TAP will make sure your return is completed correctly and help you get any tax credits you deserve.
Due to COVID restrictions, you must make an appointment. NO WALK-INS!
Here are the most convenient locations:
SATURDAYS: Jan. 30, Feb. 6, Feb. 13, Feb. 20, Feb. 27, Mar. 6
Believers Temple Word Fellowship Church
2115 Chambers Road, St. Louis, MO 63136
WEDNESDAYS: Through April 14
Overland City Community Center
9225 Lackland, St. Louis, MO 63114
Here is what you will need to bring:
- All W-2s and 1099s, and 1098Ts (if any)
- Copy of 2019 tax return
- A copy of your check for direct deposit of refund
- Valid picture ID for taxpayer and spouse (Driver’s License or Passport)
- Form 1095A – Affordable Care Act Marketplace Documentation
- Social Security Cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers for all family members
- If college education credit, college statement of account for tuition paid
- If joint return, both spouses must be present to sign return
TAP does NOT prepare income tax returns for taxpayers with incomes over $56,000, who own rental property, or with itemized deductions.
The IRS does not offer direct help to taxpayers, but it does offer links to FREE help preparing your return (from trained volunteers) and filling out tax forms (using brand-name software).
You can also do your own return using FREE software.