The program will help thousands of Ameren Missouri’s most vulnerable customers pay off their past-due utility bills.
The program is designed to help eligible customers clear their past-due balances and start fresh. Ameren recognizes there are families struggling and in need of assistance who don’t qualify for many of the existing federal and state assistance programs. The Clean Slate program helps fill that gap, and now the program has expanded.
Before you begin, you must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Have an active Ameren Missouri electric or gas account that is past due, including those on payment agreements, or reconnecting an account
- Pay 10% of the past-due balance
- Experiencing financial hardship
- Household income up to 300% of the federal poverty level
- Income eligibility determined by the agency — not Ameren Missouri
- Example: Households making up to $90,000 for a family of four are eligible to apply
- Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines